NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our hiring has slowed down for 2020. We are accepting resumes and anticipate the need for additional personnel towards October/November. Please feel free to submit your resume and cover letter, per the information below, at any time.
Process Safety Engineer
Risk Management Professionals is an established and progressive Process Safety, Risk Management and Hazard Mitigation engineering consulting firm headquartered in Irvine, California. Our mission is to provide high-quality process safety and loss prevention services that not only provide significant value to our clients, but also serve to protect the health and safety of industrial plant personnel and nearby communities from accidents and natural hazards.
As a company, we strive to provide an enriching environment for our employees with sizable growth potential for an individual’s career. As a team, we want to make a difference by providing high quality services and products to our clients. We are currently seeking Entry Level Engineers for our Irvine office.
The primary focus of the open position(s) is to work with and receive training by senior personnel in support of a wide range of engineering activities that can fit the abilities and interests of the individual. Although this position would focus on the activities characterized by the above job title, support for elements of the following engineering project types would be expected:
- Process Safety Management (PSM) Program creation
- Risk Management Program (RMP) creation
- Operating Procedure development support
- Emergency Response Plan development support
- Chemical Facility Security Vulnerability Assessments (SVAs)
- Addressing the DHS Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS)
- Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP) creation
- Support Hazard Analysis and design improvements
- Chemical vapor atmospheric modeling
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Support new product line development
- Consulting and client management
PLEASE NOTE: A special emphasis of this position is the ability to be trained to facilitate Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Studies.
The specific job activities will include:
- Technical writing (engineering reports and proposals)
- Some field work (approximately 40% travel annual average)
- Client interaction, including matching their needs with our services and networking event attendance
- Engineering Analysis and understanding engineering first principles
- Opportunity to direct own projects
- On-the-job training for high-demand and high-profile engineering fields
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Two-weeks paid vacation (starting)
- Competitive medical insurance
- Health club reimbursement
- Team building activities
- Revenue-sharing program
- BS/MS in related engineering field (process engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering)
- EXCEPTIONALLY STRONG English verbal and written communication skills, computer, and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service / interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills (training, demonstrations)
- Robust analytical, problem-solving and facilitation skills and a consultative approach in supporting customer projects
- Outstanding project and time management skills (ability to manage multiple, overlapping projects and deadlines)
- Superb attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit is required. Must have the ability and willingness to seek out new clients and opportunities
- Manage projects effectively to ensure client satisfaction, deliverable milestones are met, and budget targets are maintained
- Current Southern California residents preferred (exceptional qualifications are required for non-local candidates to be considered)
- Must be physically able (and willing) to perform occasional site walk-downs which may occasionally include climbing
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiting@RMPCorp.com. Non-Southern California applicants must have exceptional qualifications in order to be considered. Compensation based on qualifications. Applications MUST have the following phrase in the e-mail body or subject line: ‘Ethics, integrity and teamwork are a foundation for success!’, or they will not be considered.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.