Disclaimer: We are perpetually hiring exceptional candidates and focus specific hiring campaigns around college graduation schedules. This website advertisement will be displayed at all times on our website, whether or not a specific campaign is underway. Candidates interested in applying should follow the process described herein and will be notified of immediate and/or upcoming positions available.
Process Safety Engineer
Risk Management Professionals is an established and innovative Process Safety & Risk Management Engineering consulting firm located in Irvine, California. Our mission is to provide high quality process safety & loss prevention engineering services that not only provide significant value to our clients, but also serve to protect the health & safety of industrial plant personnel and the nearby community, from accidents, deliberately-induced events, and natural hazards.
As a company, we strive to provide an enriching environment for our employees with sizable growth potential for an individual’s career. We are currently seeking Entry Level Engineers for our Irvine office. Please reference http://www.rmpcorp.com/ for additional information on our company, products, and services.
The open position is an entry-level position to work with junior & senior engineers on the activities characterized by the above job title & description. The position requires an individual to be a self-starter & to learn on-the-job quickly. Entry-level engineers receive a wide-range of engineering activities & we strive to fit the abilities & interests of the individual to those activities. Support as described below would be expected:
- Support on any / all of the services listed on our website (or services within the industries listed)
- Atmospheric dispersion modeling (toxic and flammable chemicals)
- Reviewing, understanding, and interpreting Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- New product line development support
- Consulting & client management
- Technical writing (engineering reports & proposals)
- Some field work (approximately 40% travel annual average)
- Client interaction, including matching clients’ needs with our services and networking event attendance
Entry-level engineers will have the opportunity to direct their own projects early on, & it is expected that candidates will be willing and able to do so. Most training is provided on-the-job in a very high demand, high-profile, fast-paced environment. It is crucial that applicants have a solid understanding of engineering first principles. Work-at-home or hybrid work may be an option after probationary period & according to company policy. It should be expected that ongoing career development within the company will require earning processional technical credentials while balancing ongoing job tasks & responsibilties.
A special emphasis of this position is the ability to be trained to facilitate Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Studies.
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Two weeks paid vacation (starting)
- Additional 10 days paid holidays
- Competitive medical insurance
- Health & wellness program / reimbursement
- Team building activities
- Revenue-sharing program (discretionary bonus program)
- BS/MS in related engineering field (chemical engineering, mechanical engineering)
- Exceptionally strong English verbal/written communications skills, computer, & organization skills
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills (training, demonstrations)
- Robust analytical, problem-solving, and facilitation skills and a consultative approach in supporting customer projects
- Outstanding project & time management skills (ability to manage multiple, overlapping projects and deadlines)
- Superb attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit is required. Must have the ability & willingness seek out new clients and opportunities
- Manage projects effectively to ensure client satisfaction, deliverable milestones are met, and budget targets are maintained
- Current Southern California residents preferred (exceptional qualifications are required for non-local candidates to be considered)
- Must be physically able (and willing) to perform occasional site walk-downs, which may include climbing.
E-mail Recruiting@RMPCorp.com applications only. Non-Southern California applicants should have exceptional qualifications. Compensation is based on qualifications. Applications MUST have the following phrase in the e-mail or cover letter subject line: ‘Ethics, integrity, and teamwork are a foundation for success!’, or they will not be considered.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.