Disclaimer: We are perpetually hiring exceptional candidates and focus specific hiring campaigns around college graduation schedules. This website advertisement will be displayed at all times on our website, whether or not a specific campaign is underway. Candidates interested in applying should follow the process described herein and will be notified of immediate and/or upcoming positions available.
Process Safety Engineer
Risk Management Professionals is an established and innovative Process Safety and Risk Management Engineering consulting firm located in Irvine, California. Our mission is to provide high quality process safety and loss prevention engineering services that not only provide significant value to our clients, but also serve to protect the health and safety of industrial plant personnel and the nearby community, from accidents, deliberately induced events, and natural hazards.
As a company, we strive to provide an enriching environment for our employees with sizable growth potential for an individual’s career. The position available is for an entry-level engineer for our Irvine office. This position is in-person, full-time, and requires on-site visits at essential workplaces. Please reference our website for additional information on our company, products, and services.
The open position is an entry-level position to work with junior and senior engineers on the activities characterized by the above job title and description. The position requires an individual to be a self-starter and to learn on-the-job quickly. Entry-level engineers receive a wide range of engineering activities and we strive to fit the abilities and interests of the individual to those activities. Support as described below would be expected.
- Support on any / all of the services listed on our website (or services within the industries listed)
- Chemical vapor atmospheric dispersion modeling
- Editing/developing Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- New product line development support
- Consulting and client management
- Technical writing (engineering reports and proposals)
- Some field work (approximately 40% travel annual average)
- Client interaction, including matching clients’ needs with our services and networking event attendance
Entry-level engineers will have the opportunity to direct their own projects early on, and it is expected that candidates will be willing and able to do so. Most training is provided on-the-job in a very high demand, high-profile, fast-paced environment. It is crucial that applicants have a solid understanding of engineering first principles. A special emphasis of this position is the ability to be trained to facilitate Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Studies.
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Two-weeks paid vacation (starting)
- Additional 10 days paid holidays
- Competitive medical insurance
- Health and wellness reimbursement
- Team building activities
- Revenue sharing program
- BS/MS in related engineering field preferred (chemical engineering, mechanical engineering)
- Exceptionally strong English verbal/written communications skills, computer, and organization skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills (training, demonstrations)
- Robust analytical, problem-solving, and facilitation skills and a consultative approach in supporting customer projects
- Outstanding project and time management skills (ability to manage multiple, overlapping projects and deadlines)
- Superb attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit is required. Must have the ability and willingness seek out new clients and opportunities
- Manage projects effectively to ensure client satisfaction, deliverable milestones are met, and budget targets are maintained
- Current Southern California residents preferred (exceptional qualifications are required for non-local candidates to be considered)
- Must be physically able (and willing) to perform occasional site walk-downs, which may include climbing.
E-mail (Recruiting@RMPCorp.com) applications only. Non-Southern California applicants should have exceptional qualifications. Compensation is based on qualifications. Applications MUST have the following phrase in the e-mail or cover letter subject line: “Ethics, integrity, and teamwork are a foundation for success!”, or they will not be considered.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.