Key Services for Power Generation Facilities
Risk Management Professionals has extensive experience providing a wide range of services to power generation facilities. Whether assisting facilities with compliance with government regulations or internal requirements, RMP’s engineers are well-suited to provide cost-effective and high quality services.
Many power generation facilities utilize large quantities of regulated chemicals, which requires compliance with government regulations. The specific chemicals utilized vary depending upon the process, however, the following list provides some common examples of regulated substance uses:
- Aqueous Ammonia for NOx reduction
- Anhydrous Ammonia for NOx reduction
- Flammable Materials (e.g. isobutane, pentane) as the working fluid in geothermal power plants.
RMP is committed to assisting facilities in obtaining compliance and RMP’s engineers are well-versed in industry regulations, specifically:
- EPA Risk Management Programs (RMP)
- OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM)
- RMP/PSM/CalARP Gap Analysis
- RAGAGEP Gap Analysis
- Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasures (SPCC) Programs
- Emergency Response/Operations Plans
- Security Vulnerability Assessments
Additionally, Risk Management Professionals offers services which assist facilities in meeting internal requirements or generally accepted practices. RMP engineers are specifically adept at providing the following services:
- Hazards and Operability (HAZOP) Studies
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA)
- Value Engineering
Risk Management Professionals’ experience in supporting numerous power plants allows RMP’s engineers to provide comprehensive advice and identify facility vulnerabilities or areas of improvement.