Process Safety Engineer
This is an opportunity to really make a difference!
Risk Management Professionals is a progressive Process Safety, Risk Management and Hazard Mitigation Engineering Consulting Firm headquartered in Irvine, California. Our mission is to provide high-quality process safety and loss prevention services that not only provide significant value to our clients, but also serve to protect the health and safety of industrial plant personnel and nearby communities from accidents and natural hazards. As we provide high quality consulting services, we strive to provide an enriching environment for our employees.
As a company, we have achieved a significant growth rate, and as a team, we want to make a difference by providing high-quality services and products. As a result of this growth, we are currently seeking Entry Level Engineers.
The primary focus of the open positions is to work with and receive training by senior personnel in support of a wide range of engineering activities that can fit the abilities and interests of the individual. Although this position would focus on the activities characterized by the above job title, support for elements of the following engineering project types would be expected:
- Process Safety Management (PSM) Program creation
- Risk Management Program (RMP) creation
- Operating and Emergency Response procedure development support
- Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS) program creation for Offshore Facilities
- Support Hazard Analysis and design improvements
- Chemical vapor atmospheric modeling
- Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP) creation
- Industrial Risk & Project Management
- Consulting and Client Management
- Support new product line development
PLEASE NOTE: A special emphasis of this position is the ability to be trained to facilitate Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Studies.
The specific job activities will include:
- Technical writing (engineering reports and proposals)
- Some field work and much client contact, including matching their needs with our services
- Engineering Analysis and understanding engineering first principles
- Opportunity to direct own projects
- On-the-job training for high-demand and high-profile engineering fields
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Medical and Dental Insurance
- Health Club Membership
- BS/MS in related engineering field (process engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering)
- STRONG English verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced skill in MS Office applications
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent Presentation skills (training, demonstrations)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and facilitation skills
- Excellent Project and Time Management skills, including ability to manage multiple, overlapping projects and deadlines
- Ability and willingness to seek out new clients and opportunities
- Manage projects effectively to ensure client satisfaction, deliverable milestones are met, and budget targets are maintained
- Physical ability and willingness to perform site walk-downs which may occasionally include climbing
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to Solveig.Saether@RMPCorp.com. Non-Southern California applicants must have exceptional qualifications in order to be considered. Applications MUST have the following phrase in the e-mail body or subject line: ‘Ethics, integrity and teamwork are a foundation for success!’, or they will not be considered.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.