Risk Management Professionals has been an active and supportive sponsor for the Refrigerating Engineers and Technicians Association (RETA) for over ten years and currently has a member on the Los Angeles Chapter Board.
Since 1995, Risk Management Professionals has gained extensive experience providing services to the ammonia refrigeration industry. As part of this experience, we have developed comprehensive planning documents and conducted detailed assessments for facilities ranging in size from a small skid to tens of thousands of pounds. Our ability to adapt to small and large-scale projects allows us to offer a wide range of cost effective services, including the following:
- EPA Risk Management Plans (RMP)
- OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Five Year Updates/Hazard Assessments & Offsite Consequence Analyses (OCA)
- Compliance Audits
- California Accidental Release Prevention (CalARP) Programs
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)/HAZOP Studies
- RMP/PSM/CalARP Gap Analyses
- RAGAGEP Gap Analyses
- Emergency Plans
- Hazardous Materials Inventories & Business Emergency Plans
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- General Safety Training
- B-109 Audits/Mechanical Integrity Surveys
- Dispersion Modeling
- Injury & Illness Prevention Programs (IIPP)
- Additional Ammonia Refrigeration Services
Please see our Commonly Regulated Chemicals’ Threshold Quantities Table for Anhydrous Ammonia inventory thresholds for several programs including RMP, PSM, CalARP and CAPP.
Risk Management Professionals strives to aid ammonia refrigeration facilities to comply with the regulations, prepares documents, works closely with the client to ensure proper submission of documentation, and interacts with the local Administering Agency (as appropriate). In addition, in order to ensure a useful, recognized program, Risk Management Professionals works with facility personnel to ensure everyday activities are adequately captured, documented and compliant with recognized industry standards. This may include assistance with written operating procedures and preventive maintenance schedules. Our strong knowledge of regulatory requirements grouped with industry standards and best practices allows Risk Management Professionals to develop and implement an effective safety program.